re-writes

So far the first day of re-writes went good.  Last night I started reading a book by Paul Chitlik called “rewrite”.  I learned quite a bit in the first 25 pages of a structure I should be following and questions to ask myself about characters and stuff.  It’s cool.

Today I chopped some things up and cleaned up wording on the first 23 scenes.  I clarified character names and fixed up descriptions.  My SP was riddled with parentheticals that I’m removing.  If you’re character goals and characteristics are clear then the dialogue should speak for itself.  So I’m trying to reign in the actor directions.

I’m feeling really good.  I started looking into SP contests and I think there are two I’m going to enter that have submission deadlines at the end of this month.  So I really need to push and work hard on re-writes to be ready.

This is exciting!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s